Greenhouse gas emissions regulated by the EU Emissions Trading System fell by just under 0.4% in 2015 from the previous year, according to the EU's executive arm, the European Commission.
Poland needs a power capacity market to help coal-fired power plants compete with producers of renewable energy and to avoid power shortages, the energy minister said on Wednesday (18 May).
Kuwait has called on Iran to join an oil production freeze plan after major producers failed to agree on keeping output at current levels.
- Turkmenistan seeks Saudi, Japanese funding TAPI gas pipeline
- European Commission confirms EU regulated CO2 emissions drop in 2015
- Gazprom confident Nord Stream II will get built
- Lithuania makes it easier for foreign investors to get electricity
- Poland needs capacity market to avoid power shortages, says minister
- Shell to create new green energy division
- Maros Sefcovic: Southern Gas Corridor is true diversification project
- EBRD’s Law in transition journal focuses on mining transparency
- Nigeria is ‘huge risk’ to oil market: Analyst
- New Delhi seeks to settle Iran debt via Turkish bank: Report
- Southern gas corridor on time, BP executive says
- Maros Sefcovic praises developments on IGB project
- MEPs concerned about Nord Stream gas pipeline extension
- Big Oil Unexpectedly Backing Newest Non-Fossil Fuels
- EBRD 2016 Annual Meeting: Energy Union
- Scottish Energy Minister calls on Tories to ‘change course’ on renewables
- DiXi Group presented instruments for enhanced EU-Ukraine energy partnership in Germany
- Energy interconnection brings big emissions cuts for Malta as the EU loses ground
- Turkey PM Ahmet Davutoglu to quit amid reports of Erdogan rift
- Weekly analytical report: May 16 - 22, 2016
In this issue: - How do Gazprom's activities impact its financial stance; - How do oil producing countries adapt to new circumstances; - Why does Ukraine keep low pace of gas imports; - Why does the Ministry of energy and coal industry try to increase generation by TPPs and NPPs; - How do opposition politicians in Ukraine use the topic of tariffs; - What firsthand reform direction did the government formulate; - In what does interest of Ukrianian authorities in extraction appears; - How does the scandal in Ukrnafta develop.